CHARIS LEARNERS ASPIRE TO BE...
- We understand the difference between opinion and fact.
- We use reason and evidence to resolve disagreements.
- We know not every question has an answer
- We reflect on our learning.
- We are naturally curious.
- We question what we know.
- We strive to be life-long learners.
- We believe that every questions is worth asking.
- We never give up.
- We learn from our mistakes.
- We are determined.
- We believe in ourselves.
- We are not afraid to fail.
- We listen to others.
- We respond thoughtfully.
- We do not discriminate.
- We ask permission before we act.
- We are polite.
- We unite to achieve a common goal.
- We are willing to compromise.
- We can settle conflicts.
- We work to our strengths.
- We realise that we can be stronger together.
- We share ideas and learn from each other.
- We realise that we are not always right.
- We listen without judgement.
- We believe that we are all equal.
- We accept criticism in a positive way.
- We enjoy discussion and debate.
- We are interested in other people's opinions.
- We inspire our peers to achieve greatness.
- We lead by example.
- We take responsibility for our actions.
- We help our teachers.
- We try to understand how our friends are feeling.
- We put the needs of others before our own.
- We respect people's boundaries.
- We are resilient, creative and academically successful.
- We take part in a range of co-curricular activities.
- We take pride in participating in competitions and organising social functions.
- We take pride in what we do.
- We want to be the best we can be.
- We take ownership of our education.
- We are always ready to learn.